Clubs: SC Bastia, Arsenal FC, FC Barcelona
• Born in Douala, Cameroon, Song moved to Corsica to start his football career with Bastia, where he impressed as a right-back in the 2004/05 Ligue 1 campaign, making 32 appearances as his team were relegated.
• After a trial at Arsenal, the then 17-year-old moved to the club on loan in 2005/06 before signing a permanent four-year contract in June 2006.
• Spent the second half of 2006/07 on loan to another Premier League team, Charlton; returned to Arsenal after Charlton's relegation and spent the following campaign as a utility player, filling in periodically in defence and midfield.
• Went to the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations tournament uncapped but made an impressive debut as Cameroon reached the final; also travelled to China for the Olympic Games six months later.
• Scored his first Premier League and UEFA Champions League goals in 2008/09 as he became Arsenal's regular midfield anchorman; the only Gunner to start all six 2009/10 UEFA Champions League group games, he signed a new long-term contract in November 2009.
• Was one of his country's stand-out performers at the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations, which Cameroon exited after losing in the quarter-finals to eventual winners Egypt, but he played just once at the FIFA World Cup finals that summer as the Indomitable Lions bowed out at the group stage.
• Signed for FC Barcelona in the summer of 2012 and made 20 Liga appearances, scoring once, as he lifted the league title in his first season.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2006
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.