Date of birth: 18 January 1971
Playing career: FC Barcelona, Brescia Calcio (twice), AS Roma, Al-Ahly Club, Dorados de Sinola
Coaching career: FC Barcelona B, FC Barcelona
• Known as 'Pep', he came up through Barcelona's youth ranks to win six Spanish Liga titles, one European Champion Clubs' Cup, a UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and two Copa del Rey trophies from 1990 to 2001. Also had spells with Brescia, Fabio Capello's Roma, Al-Ahly in Doha and Mexico's Dorados de Sinola before ending his playing career in 2006.
• Won 40 caps and Olympic footballing gold with Spain in 1992, but missed the 1998 and 2002 FIFA World Cup tournaments through injury.
• Having coached Barcelona's B team, became the 15th Catalan-born boss of the senior team in 2008 and won the UEFA Champions League, Spanish Liga and Copa del Rey in his first season in charge.
• Success in the 2008/09 final made Guardiola the sixth man to lift the European Cup as a player and a coach. Barcelona followed up with victories in the Spanish and UEFA Super Cups at the start of 2009/10, going on to win the FIFA Club World Cup and retain the Liga title.
• Steered the Azulgrana to a third successive Liga crown and their fourth European Cup in 2010/11.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|