Date of birth: 31 July 1969
Playing career: US Lecce, Juventus
Coaching career: AC Siena (assistant), USD Arezzo, AS Bari, Atalanta BC, AC Siena, Juventus
• A combative and versatile midfielder, Conte also weighed in with his share of goals – usually spectacular.
• Made Serie A debut with hometown club Lecce aged 16 in 1985/86 but was not a regular until 1988/89 when his side returned to the top flight after two seasons away. Joined Juventus in November 1991.
• Spent the next 13 seasons at Juve, later describing the famous black-and-white shirt as his "second skin". Won five Scudettos, the UEFA Champions League in 1995/96 and the UEFA Cup in 1992/93 in addition to triumphs in the UEFA Super Cup, Italian Cup and a European/South American Cup, wearing the captain's armband from 1996. Capped 20 times by Italy, he was part of the squads that finished runners-up at the 1994 FIFA World Cup and UEFA EURO 2000.
• Started coaching career as assistant at Siena in 2005, taking over Serie B side Arezzo the following season. After leading Bari and Siena to the top flight in 2009 and 2011 respectively, he signed a two-year contract with Juventus.
• Wasted no time in revamping the squad and enjoyed a debut season to remember as the Bianconeri claimed the Scudetto without losing a single game, suffering their sole defeat of the season against SSC Napoli in the Coppa Italia final. After signing a new contract until 2015, he duly guided Juventus to a second successive title in 2013.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 28/11/2013 02:05 CET|
|17.09.2013||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||København||1-1||Juventus|
|02.10.2013||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Juventus||2-2||Galatasaray|
|23.10.2013||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Real Madrid||2-1||Juventus|
|05.11.2013||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Juventus||2-2||Real Madrid|
|27.11.2013||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Juventus||3-1||København|
|UEFA Champions League|