Date of birth: 12 March 1966
Playing career: FC Barcelona, Real Madrid CF, Valencia CF
Coaching career: UD Puçol, Getafe CF (assistant), Spain Under-17s, Spain U19s, Spain U21s
• Began career in Barcelona's youth ranks, made his debut for the senior side aged 18 against Real Zaragoza in 1984/85. Did not become a first-team regular for four season, however, before going on to make 54 Liga appearances and winning the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1988/89) and Copa del Rey (1989/90).
• Signed for Real Madrid, where he remained until 1997, scoring three times in 165 Liga outings. His time with the Merengues proved rewarding, yielding two Liga titles, a Copa del Rey and two Spanish Super Cups.
• Won first of three Spain caps in a 4-0 triumph against Hungary on 15 November 1989. Ended playing career in 2001 after four seasons at Valencia, picking up another Copa del Rey medal along with a Spanish Super Cup.
• First turned to coaching with Puçol in 2006/07, guiding the Valencia-based side to 12th in the third division. Then snapped up to serve as Michael Laudrup's assistant at top-flight Getafe before taking over Spain's U17s and, not long afterwards, the U19s.
• Reached the final of the 2009/10 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, where Spain lost to hosts France. It was at that tournament that it was announced Milla would take over the U21s and he promptly steered the side to the 2011 finals via a play-off victory against Croatia.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 01/06/2012 01:37 CET|