Date of birth: 26 January 1973
Nationality: Northern Irish
Playing career: Ballymena United FC, Reading FC
Coaching career: Watford FC, Reading FC, Swansea City AFC, Liverpool FC
• Began his career as a defender with Ballymena in his native Northern Ireland before moving to English club Reading at the age of 18. Troubled by persistent injuries, he was forced to give up playing aged 20 having never made a senior appearance for the Royals.
• Became academy boss at Reading in 1995, spending nine years in the role. His talents were spotted by José Mourinho and Rodgers was given a leading role in the Chelsea FC youth system in 2004, stepping up to reserve team manager in 2006.
• Left Chelsea for his first managerial post at second-tier Watford in November 2008 and guided the Hornets to a 13th-place finish. Returned to Reading in the summer of 2009 but only remained until December despite a promising start to the season.
• Stayed in the second division when appointed Swansea manager in July 2010 and guided the club into the Premier League via the end-of-season play-offs. Enhanced his repuation as he led the Welsh outfit to an 11th-place finish in their first top-flight campaign since 1982/83.
• Left Swansea for Liverpool in June 2012, steering the Reds to seventh in the Premier League in his first term and into the UEFA Europa League round of 32. Oversaw an 11-game winning streak in the second half of the 2013/14 season that almost brought Liverpool's first league title since 1990.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 24/08/2016 01:25 CET|
|12.07.2016||UEFA Champions League||Second qualifying round||Lincoln||1-0||Celtic|
|20.07.2016||UEFA Champions League||Second qualifying round||Celtic||3-0||Lincoln|
|27.07.2016||UEFA Champions League||Third qualifying round||Astana||1-1||Celtic|
|03.08.2016||UEFA Champions League||Third qualifying round||Celtic||2-1||Astana|
|17.08.2016||UEFA Champions League||Play-offs||Celtic||5-2||H. Beer-Sheva|
|23.08.2016||UEFA Champions League||Play-offs||H. Beer-Sheva||2-0||Celtic|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|