Date of birth: 24 October 1953
Playing career: Eintracht Duisburg, 1. FC Köln
Coaching career: 1. FC Köln (twice), VfB Stuttgart, Beşiktaş JK (twice), Bayer 04 Leverkusen, FK Austria Wien, Fenerbahçe SK (twice), Eintracht Frankfurt, Club Brugge KV, Bursaspor, Romania
• Born in the former East Germany but raised in the West, Daum's playing career was low key before a move into coaching in the amateur department at Köln.
• After four years with Köln's professional side between 1986 and 1990, moved to Stuttgart, leading the club to a Bundesliga title in 1992 but being dismissed the following year. He re-emerged in Turkey, winning the 1994/95 Süper Lig title with Beşiktaş.
• Hired by Leverkusen in 1996, Daum's side finished as Bundesliga runners-up in three of his four seasons in charge. Tipped to become Germany coach, revelations concerning his private life instead prompted his departure from the BayArena in 2000.
• A second spell at Beşiktaş preceded a third domestic title, this time with Austria Wien in 2003. Two more crowns followed in his first two seasons at Fenerbahçe, though Daum resigned after his third campaign in 2006.
• Returned to Germany to coach Köln, guiding them to promotion to the Bundesliga, but left the club again when he was appointed Fenerbahçe coach for the second time in the summer of 2009. Short spells with Eintracht Frankfurt, Club Brugge and Bursaspor followed before, after a two-year break from coaching, Daum took charge of Romania in July 2016.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|