Date of birth: 10 June 1959
Playing career: Parma FC, AS Roma, AC Milan
Coaching career: AC Reggiana, Parma FC, Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea FC, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid CF, FC Bayern München
• One of only seven people to have lifted the European Champion Clubs' Cup as both a player and coach and the second manager, after Bob Paisley, to win the trophy three times. A combative midfielder, he helped Roma win the 1983 Serie A title and four Italian Cups before joining Milan in 1986 where he added two more league championships, as well as back-to-back European Cup triumphs in 1989 and 1990.
• Began coaching in 1995 with a year at Reggiana, earning them promotion from Serie B, before two seasons at Parma. Replaced Marcello Lippi at Juventus in February 1999 and returned to San Siro as coach of Milan in 2001.
• During eight seasons in charge, won the UEFA Champions League in 2003 and 2007, but lost the 2005 final on penalties to Liverpool FC after leading 3-0. Milan also won a Serie A title, a Coppa Italia and the 2007 FIFA Club World Cup.
• Resigned on 31 May 2009 and was named as Chelsea's new manager the following day. His first season in London ended with the club winning the league and cup double for the first time. Dismissed at the end of his second campaign, Ancelotti took charge of Paris in December 2011.
• In his one full season in the French capital, 2012/13, Ancelotti steered Paris to their first Ligue 1 title in 19 years. Left to take over at Madrid, winning the Copa del Rey and the club's tenth European Cup in his first season, becoming only the fifth coach to win the trophy with two clubs in the process. Madrid added the UEFA Super Cup at the start of the following campaign, the fifth time Ancelotti had won that trophy as player or coach, although he was dismissed at the end of the campaign. In December 2015, appointed Bayern coach on a three-year contract, taking the reins in summer 2016.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|