Date of birth: 23 September 1953
Playing career: IL Hødd, Molde FK, Manchester City FC, Norwich City FC, Molde FK, Norway
Coaching career: Molde FK, Helsinborgs IF (twice), Brøndby IF, Rosenborg BK, Norway, Örgryte IS, Viking FK, Malmö FF
• Having trained as a tax accountant before turning professional, Hareide was a physical defender who represented his country 50 times between 1976 and 1986. His club career took him from Molde to Manchester City and then Norwich in the English top flight.
• Hareide made the transition to coaching before hanging up his boots. After returning from England he acted as player-coach for Molde during two seasons. From 1987 he focused solely on coaching and a second spell as Molde boss brought his first silverware – the 1994 Norwegian Cup. His first trophy in Sweden was also the cup, with Helsingborg in 1998. In 2003, Hareide added one more Norwegian Cup as coach of Rosenborg.
• Hareide is the only coach to win league titles in Sweden (Helsingborg 1999), Denmark (Brøndby 2001/02) and Norway (Rosenborg 2003).
• Coached Norway from January 2004 until December 2008. Under Hareide, Norway made it to the play-offs for the 2006 FIFA World Cup but lost 2-0 on aggregate to the Czech Republic.
• Returned to Helsingborg in 2012 for a six-month spell and steered the side to the UEFA Champions League play-offs, where they succumbed to Celtic FC. In January 2014 he was appointed by Malmö, leading them into the UEFA Champions League group stage for the first time at the start of 2014/15.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 30/07/2015 01:05 CET|
|15.07.2015||UEFA Champions League||Second qualifying round||Malmö||0-0||Žalgiris|
|21.07.2015||UEFA Champions League||Second qualifying round||Žalgiris||0-1||Malmö|
|29.07.2015||UEFA Champions League||Third qualifying round||Salzburg||2-0||Malmö|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Cup Winners' Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|