Date of birth: 12 September 1961
Playing career: FC Chiasso, AC Bellinzona, FC Lugano, FC Locarno
Coaching career: FC Lugano, FC Locarno, Switzerland (coaching staff), Switzerland Under-18s, Under-21s
• Spent his entire career as a defender in the Italian speaking part of Switzerland. He represented Lugano and Locarno as both a player and coach, qualifying for his UEFA Pro Licence in June 2003
• Moved to the Swiss Football Association (SFV-ASF); between July 2006 and UEFA EURO 2008 on home soil, he was part of Jakob 'Köbi' Kuhn's coaching staff for the senior national side.
• Continued to assist next Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld, scouting fringe players for the seniors. Also studied Switzerland's opponents in 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying, producing video clips for team meetings.
• Then took charge of Under-18 national team before being offered the U21 job on 1 July 2009 after the incumbent, Pierre-André Schürmann, accepted an offer from Neuchâtel Xamax FC.
• His philosophy is to play "bravely in attack and compact in defence. I ask of my players that they are capable of adapting to variable systems. I want to see 11 people working in attack as well as defence."
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 09/09/2014 01:45 CET|
|UEFA Europa League|