Date of birth: 30 June 1957
Playing career: Haukar
Coaching career: Skallagrímur (three times), FH Hafnarjördur (three times), Thróttur Reykjavík, Haukar, Selfoss, ÍR Reykjavík, Iceland
• Turned from playing to coaching at age of 24; led a low-key existence while simultaneously working as a carpenter for 20 years until taking charge of FH for third time in 2003.
• Guided FH to their highest-ever placing in Icelandic League – second – in his debut campaign before a maiden title on the club's 75th anniversary in 2004.
• Maintained success by leading FH to further championships – in runaway fashion – in 2005 and 2006. Although the sequence ended when the team finished second in 2007, one point behind Valur Reykjavík, they found consolation in a first Icelandic Cup triumph.
• Left FH to take charge of Iceland in October 2007, replacing Eyjólfur Sverrisson after he had overseen a disappointing end to UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying campaign with successive defeats by Latvia and Liechtenstein.
• Guided Iceland to promising 2-2 draw away to Norway in opening 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier but unable to consolidate as team won only once in eight games – at home to FYR Macedonia – and finished bottom of five-team group.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 08/10/2011 06:51 CET|
|03.09.2010||UEFA EURO 2012||Qualifying round||Iceland||1-2||Norway|
|07.09.2010||UEFA EURO 2012||Qualifying round||Denmark||1-0||Iceland|
|12.10.2010||UEFA EURO 2012||Qualifying round||Iceland||1-3||Portugal|
|26.03.2011||UEFA EURO 2012||Qualifying round||Cyprus||0-0||Iceland|
|04.06.2011||UEFA EURO 2012||Qualifying round||Iceland||0-2||Denmark|
|02.09.2011||UEFA EURO 2012||Qualifying round||Norway||1-0||Iceland|
|06.09.2011||UEFA EURO 2012||Qualifying round||Iceland||1-0||Cyprus|
|07.10.2011||UEFA EURO 2012||Qualifying round||Portugal||5-3||Iceland|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|