A stocky left-back blessed with exceptional pace, Arthur Boka joined VfB Stuttgart at the start of their Bundesliga title-winning campaign of 2006/07. An Ivory Coast international, he has been dubbed the 'African Roberto Carlos'.
• Born in the Ivorian capital of Abidjan, he started his career with local side ASEC Mimosas, winning two domestic league titles in his teens before leaving in 2002 to join a cluster of his fellow countrymen at Belgian club KSK Beveren.
• Scored on his league debut for Beveren (a 3-0 defeat of RAEC Mons) and became a regular over the next two seasons before moving to French Ligue 1 outfit RC Strasbourg.
• Won French League Cup in his first season with the Alsace club, beating SM Caen 2-1 in the Stade de France final; reached fourth round of UEFA Cup in second season, scoring his first European goal in the opening group game at FC Basel 1893 (2-0).
• First capped by Ivory Coast in 2004, he started all three matches at the 2006 FIFA World Cup and remained in Germany afterwards, joining Stuttgart following Strasbourg's relegation.
• Made 19 appearances and scored one goal in Stuttgart's 2006/07 Bundesliga-winning campaign; only outfield ever-present for VfB in group stage of 2009/10 UEFA Champions League.
Did you know?
Boka was kept on the bench throughout the Ivory Coast's 2010 CAF Africa Cup of Nations campaign in Angola.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 04/12/2013 02:00 CET|
|01.08.2013||UEFA Europa League||Third qualifying round||Botev Plovdiv||1-1||Stuttgart||90||0||0|
|08.08.2013||UEFA Europa League||Third qualifying round||Stuttgart||0-0||Botev Plovdiv||90||0||0|
|22.08.2013||UEFA Europa League||Play-offs||Rijeka||2-1||Stuttgart||90||0||0|
|29.08.2013||UEFA Europa League||Play-offs||Stuttgart||2-2||Rijeka||90||0||0|
|22.09.2013||German Bundesliga||Stuttgart||1-1||Eintracht Frankfurt||72||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|