Clubs: HNK Hajduk Split, FC Sochaux-Montbéliard, KSV Roeselare (loan), Club Brugge KV, Borussia Dortmund, VfL Wolfsburg
• A midfielder dubbed the 'new Aljoša Asanović' by observers in his native Split, he left local club Hajduk for French side Sochaux while still only 17 but did not make a first-team appearance in Ligue 1.
• Sent on loan to Belgian Eerste Klasse outfit Roeselare in January 2009, he played a leading role in rescuing the club from relegation, via the play-offs, and was rewarded with a permanent move to Club Brugge.
• Notched nine league goals in his first season for Club Brugge and also found the net four times in eight UEFA Europa League encounters, including a vital late strike at home to Toulouse FC that took the Belgian side through to the knockout phase.
• Registered no European goals in 2010/11 but countered that with a top-scoring 22 in the Belgian league, which won him the Eerste Klasse player of the year crown and a lucrative move to Dortmund − not to mention international recognition for Croatia, his first cap coming on 26 March 2011 in a UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier against Georgia in Tbilisi.
• Made an immediate impression for Dortmund by coming off the bench and scoring a spectacular late equaliser in their opening 2011/12 UEFA Champions League group game against Arsenal FC. Used largely as a substitute, he ended the season as a German double winner but left midway through the next campaign for Wolfsburg and struck twice against the Schwarzgelben in May 2013.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 31/08/2015 18:43 CET|
|10.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Bulgaria||0-1||Croatia||90||0||1|
|13.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Croatia||6-0||Azerbaijan||66||2||1|
|16.11.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Italy||1-1||Croatia||90||1||0|
|28.03.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Croatia||5-1||Norway||90||1||0|
|07.06.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Croatia||4-0||Gibraltar||33||0||0|
|12.06.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Croatia||1-1||Italy||90||0||0|
|08.08.2015||German DFB Cup||First round||Kickers||1-4||Wolfsburg||63||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|