Born in Germany to Turkish parents, Serdar Taşçı has developed quickly at VfB Stuttgart, winning the Bundesliga in his first full season and becoming a German international shortly afterwards. He is a classy, confident central defender who can also play at right-back.
• Born in Esslingen, close to Stuttgart, he played for the youth teams of SC Altbach and Stuttgarter Kickers before registering with VfB aged 12.
• Played for Stuttgart's amateur side in regional league before breaking through to first-team squad in 2006/07 and making Bundesliga debut on 20 August 2006 against DSC Arminia Bielefeld (3-2); scored his first goal in his next game, six days later, in 3-1 home defeat by BV Borussia Dortmund.
• Made 26 appearances in Stuttgart's title-winning campaign and all six in 2007/08 UEFA Champions League group stage, his debut coming in a 2-1 defeat at Rangers FC.
• Given his Germany Under-21 debut in February 2007, he won his first senior cap, aged 21, in friendly with Belgium in Nuremberg in August 2008; started five 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
• Extended Stuttgart contract to 2014 in August 2009 and scored his first UEFA Champions League goal in 1-1 draw at FC Unirea Urziceni a month later.
Did you know?
Taşçı collected his first full international cap for Germany exactly two years to the day after his Bundesliga debut.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 21/04/2014 02:00 CET|
|01.08.2013||UEFA Europa League||Third qualifying round||Botev Plovdiv||1-1||Stuttgart||90||0||0|
|04.08.2013||German DFB Cup||First round||Berlin||0-2||Stuttgart||90||0||0|
|08.08.2013||UEFA Europa League||Third qualifying round||Stuttgart||0-0||Botev Plovdiv||90||0||0|
|17.03.2014||Russian Premier League||Spartak Moskva||2-2||Anji||90||0||0|
|20.04.2014||Russian Premier League||Rubin||2-1||Spartak Moskva||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|