A former Swedish Under-21 international, Martin Olsson emerged as the first-choice left-back for the senior national side during the latter stages of the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying campaign. Also more than capable of playing on the left wing, he has spent his whole career in England with Blackburn Rovers FC, who were relegated from the Premier League in 2012.
• Joined Blackburn in January 2006 after word began to spread of his exceptional talent while he was playing youth football in Sweden for Högaborgs BK.
• Made his Blackburn debut as a substitute in a UEFA Cup second qualifying round tie against Finnish club Myllykosken Pallo-47 in August 2007 – it remains his only outing in UEFA club competition.
• Made only scant appearances in his first two seasons at Blackburn but featured prominently for Sweden's Under-21 side and was a member of the 2009 UEFA European U21 Championship final squad in his native land, playing three times.
• Broke into the Blackburn first team under manager Sam Allardyce in 2009/10 and, when fit, became a fixture in the side at left-back under successor Steve Kean, scoring Premier League goals in vital home wins against Liverpool FC (3-1) and Bolton Wanderers FC (1-0).
• Made a sensational start to his senior international career, scoring twice on his debut – as a 66th-minute substitute – in a 4-2 defeat of Bosnia and Herzegovina on 29 May 2010; he also found the net on his first two competitive starts, in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers away to San Marino (5-0) and Finland (2-1).
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 29/04/2016 15:12 CET|
|04.09.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Sweden||2-0||Estonia||77||0||0|
|08.09.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Austria||1-1||Sweden||90||0||0|
|09.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Sweden||1-1||Russia||90||0||0|
|12.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Sweden||2-0||Liechtenstein||90||0||0|
|27.03.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Moldova||0-2||Sweden||90||0||0|
|05.09.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Russia||1-0||Sweden||90||0||0|
|08.09.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Sweden||1-4||Austria||82||0||0|
|12.09.2015||English Premier League||Norwich||3-1||Bournemouth||17||0||0|
|23.09.2015||English League Cup||Third round||Norwich||3-0||West Brom||90||0||0|
|26.09.2015||English Premier League||West Ham||2-2||Norwich||90||0||0|
|09.10.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Liechtenstein||0-2||Sweden||90||0||0|
|12.10.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Sweden||2-0||Moldova||90||0||0|
|18.10.2015||English Premier League||Newcastle||6-2||Norwich||84||0||2|
|27.10.2015||English League Cup||Fourth round||Everton||1-1|
|31.10.2015||English Premier League||Man. City||2-1||Norwich||90||0||0|
|07.11.2015||English Premier League||Norwich||1-0||Swansea||90||0||0|
|14.11.2015||UEFA EURO||Play-off for Final Tournament||Sweden||2-1||Denmark||90||0||0|
|17.11.2015||UEFA EURO||Play-off for Final Tournament||Denmark||2-2||Sweden||4||0||0|
|21.11.2015||English Premier League||Chelsea||1-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|29.11.2015||English Premier League||Norwich||1-1||Arsenal||90||0||0|
|05.12.2015||English Premier League||Watford||2-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|12.12.2015||English Premier League||Norwich||1-1||Everton||90||0||0|
|19.12.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||1-2||Norwich||90||0||0|
|26.12.2015||English Premier League||Tottenham||3-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|02.01.2016||English Premier League||Norwich||1-0||Southampton||8||0||0|
|09.01.2016||English FA Cup||Third round||Norwich||0-3||Man. City||90||0||0|
|23.01.2016||English Premier League||Norwich||4-5||Liverpool||0||0||0|
|02.02.2016||English Premier League||Norwich||0-3||Tottenham||90||0||0|
|13.02.2016||English Premier League||Norwich||2-2||West Ham||14||0||0|
|12.03.2016||English Premier League||Norwich||0-0||Man. City||90||0||0|
|19.03.2016||English Premier League||West Brom||0-1||Norwich||90||0||0|
|29.03.2016||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Sweden||1-1||Czech Republic||90||0||1|
|02.04.2016||English Premier League||Norwich||3-2||Newcastle||90||1||0|
|09.04.2016||English Premier League||Crystal Palace||1-0||Norwich||90||0||0|
|16.04.2016||English Premier League||Norwich||0-3||Sunderland||90||0||0|
|UEFA Europa League|