A highly promising young German international, Christian Träsch has developed his game impressively at VfB Stuttgart. Although renowned as a right-back, he can also play on the left and has increasingly been deployed in midfield.
• Born in the Bavarian town of Ingolstadt, he came up through the youth ranks of TSV 1860 München.
• Played regional league football for 1860 München and at the same level for Stuttgart following his transfer in July 2007.
• Made his Bundesliga debut on 3 February 2008 in 4-1 defeat by FC Schalke 04 – his only appearance that season.
• Scored on first appearance of 2008/09 – in 4-1 win against Werder Bremen − and ended campaign as the team's first-choice right-back, replacing Mexican international Ricardo Osorio; switched to midfield in autumn 2009 and scored his first UEFA Champions League goal from that position in 3-1 defeat of FC Unirea Urziceni on Matchday 6.
• Made Germany debut on 2 June 2009, coming on as 79th-minute substitute for Andreas Hinkel in a 7-2 win against United Arab Emirates.
Did you know?
Träsch's first European club match was a 2-0 defeat at Sevilla FC in the opening group game of Stuttgart's 2008/09 UEFA Cup campaign.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 25/03/2015 02:40 CET|
|06.11.2014||UEFA Europa League||Group stage||Wolfsburg||5-1||Krasnodar||90||0||2|
|19.02.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 32||Wolfsburg||2-0||Sporting CP||90||0||0|
|26.02.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 32||Sporting CP||0-0||Wolfsburg||90||0||0|
|04.03.2015||German DFB Cup||Round of 16||Leipzig||0-2||Wolfsburg||4||0||0|
|12.03.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 16||Wolfsburg||3-1||Internazionale||45||0||0|
|19.03.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 16||Internazionale||1-2||Wolfsburg||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|