A defensive cornerstone of Laurent Blanc's France, starting nine of the team's ten UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers, Adil Rami will make his major tournament bow at the end of a debut season in Spain with Valencia CF, the club he joined after helping LOSC Lille Métropole to the French domestic double in 2010/11.
• Born in Corsica, he moved to mainland France as a youth and began his football career as an amateur with fourth-tier club ES Fréjus.
• Ascended three divisions – and moved several hundred kilometres north − when Lille came in for his services, following a trial, in 2006.
• Established himself in the Lille back line under Claude Puel during the 2007/08 season − despite a lengthy absence with knee ligament damage − and scored seven goals in 67 Ligue 1 appearances over the following two campaigns, when he also made his European bow in the UEFA Europa League as Lille reached the last 16.
• Missed just two matches as Lille captured the Ligue 1 crown under Rudi Garcia and was also victorious in the Coupe de France; signed for Valencia midway through the double-winning campaign but was allowed to remain at Lille on loan until the end of the season.
• Made his debut for France in Blanc's first game in charge − a friendly against Norway in Oslo − and kept his place for the next nine internationals; in his nine UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying appearances Les Bleus conceded just three goals.
• Finished as Valencia's three-goal top scorer in the 2011/12 UEFA Europa League as the club reached the semi-finals after transferring into the competition from the UEFA Champions League.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 21/10/2014 02:09 CET|
|14.09.2014||Italian Serie A||Parma||4-5||Milan||28||0||0|
|20.09.2014||Italian Serie A||Milan||0-1||Juventus||90||0||0|
|28.09.2014||Italian Serie A||Cesena||1-1||Milan||90||1||0|
|04.10.2014||Italian Serie A||Milan||2-0||Chievo||90||0||0|
|19.10.2014||Italian Serie A||Verona||1-3||Milan||90||0||1|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|