Clubs: Norwich City FC, West Ham United FC, Queens Park Rangers FC
• Began his career with Norwich City FC, becoming the club's No1 goalkeeper in 2001/02 and starting every game in England's second tier over the following two campaigns, the second of which brought promotion to the Premier League.
• An ever-present once again for the Canaries in the Premier League in 2004/05, he could not keep the Norfolk outfit in the division but was rewarded at the end of the season with his first England cap – in a New York friendly against Colombia.
• Set to go to the 2006 World Cup with England but suffered an injury in a 'B' international against Belarus on the eve of the tournament that ruled him out of the squad.
• Did not reappear for the Three Lions until Fabio Capello became manager, starting four 2010 World Cup qualifiers – including the 5-1 defeat of Croatia that secured qualification for South Africa – and being named as first choice for the finals, only to blow his chance by letting a shot from Clint Dempsey slip through his grasp.
• Left Norwich for West Ham in 2006 and missed only one Premier League game in four seasons before the Hammers lost their top-flight place in 2011, regaining it at the first attempt via the Championship (second tier) play-offs.
• Part of the Engand squad for the UEFA EURO 2012 finals but did not make an appearance with Joe Hart first choice.
• Moved to QPR in the summer of 2012, competing for the starting berth with Júlio César, but suffered relegation in his first season before helping the London club to an immediate return to the Premier League the following campaign.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.