Clubs: SC Bastia, Olympique Lyonnais, Chelsea FC, Real Madrid CF (loan)
• Born in the Ghanaian capital of Accra, he joined Bastia in 2000 and helped the Corsican club qualify for the UEFA Cup before leaving for Lyon − after rejecting a move to Paris Saint-Germain FC − in 2003; won back-to-back Ligue 1 titles and was named French player of the year in 2005.
• Settled quickly in England after becoming Chelsea's record signing and won the Premier League title in his debut season, completing a personal hat-trick of domestic titles; also won both domestic cup competitions in 2007 and a second FA Cup in 2009.
• A runner-up in the 2001 FIFA U-20 World Cup, he played for Ghana at the 2006 FIFA World Cup finals but was suspended for the last-16 match against holders Brazil; prominent in the Black Stars' qualification for the 2010 finals in South Africa, appearing in 11 of 12 games.
• Sustained knee ligament damage playing for Ghana in September 2008 but returned after six months out, scoring twice for Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League knockout phase − against Juventus and FC Barcelona.
• Injury struck again when he broke down with another knee problem at the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations, causing him to miss the rest of the season − including Chelsea's double-winning achievement − and the FIFA World Cup.
• Returned for the start of 2010/11, scoring three goals in four days during September against West Ham United FC and MŠK Žilina, but missed the first half of the 2011/12 campaign with an anterior cruciate ligament injury sustained in pre-season.
• Moved to Real Madrid CF for a season-long loan at the start of the 2012/13 season, helping Los Merengues to runners-up finishes in Liga and the Copa del Rey, as well as to a UEFA Champions League semi-final.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2008, winner 2012
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 11/04/2016 03:31 CET|
|28.11.2015||Greek Super League||Iraklis||1-0||Panathinaikos||90||0||0|
|06.12.2015||Greek Super League||Veria||0-1||Panathinaikos||90||0||0|
|13.12.2015||Greek Super League||Panathinaikos||2-0||Asteras||90||0||0|
|20.12.2015||Greek Super League||Panthrakikos||1-0||Panathinaikos||90||0||0|
|04.01.2016||Greek Super League||Panathinaikos||4-2||Panetolikos||90||0||0|
|07.01.2016||Greek Cup||Round of 16||Giannina||1-2||Panathinaikos||90||0||0|
|11.01.2016||Greek Super League||Kalloni||0-2||Panathinaikos||73||0||0|
|17.01.2016||Greek Super League||Panathinaikos||0-0||Panionios||86||0||0|
|24.01.2016||Greek Super League||Levadiakos||0-2||Panathinaikos||80||1||0|
|31.01.2016||Greek Super League||Platanias||2-3||Panathinaikos||90||0||0|
|06.02.2016||Greek Super League||Panathinaikos||0-1||Xanthi||36||0||0|
|28.02.2016||Greek Super League||AEK||1-0||Panathinaikos||90||0||0|
|13.03.2016||Greek Super League||Olympiacos||3-1||Panathinaikos||0||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|