Clubs: AS Roma, Calcio Lecco (loan), Teramo Calcio (loan), US Città di Palermo, Piacenza FC (loan), Udinese Calcio, Cagliari Calcio (loan), Juventus
• Joined local club AS Roma as a youngster but launched his career on loan in Serie C1 before joining US Città di Palermo, with whom he won Serie B in 2003/04.
• Spent the 2004/05 season on loan at Piacenza and impressed with 12 goals in 29 Serie B games, but struggled back at Palermo and was sold mid-campaign to Udinese Calcio, who then sent him on another loan, to Cagliari Calcio, in 2006/07.
• Finally settled down in Udine and helped the Zebrette to successive seventh-place finishes in Serie A, his energetic wing play earning him selection for Italy and a debut in a FIFA World Cup qualifier against Bulgaria in Sofia on 11 October 2008.
• An outstanding 2009/10 season, in which he scored a personal-best tally of seven Serie A goals and set up many more for 29-goal capocannoniere Antonio Di Natale, elevated his standing to a new level, leading to a starting place in all three of Italy's matches at the World Cup finals in South Africa and, subsequently, a €7.5m transfer to Juventus.
• A disappointing debut season in Turin was followed by an impressive second as he scored six goals in 25 league starts as Juventus won the title undefeated.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Europa League|