An unused squad member for Poland at each of their last two major tournament visits, in 2006 and 2008, Łukasz Fabiański may complete the hat-trick at UEFA EURO 2012 unless he can ward off the challenge of Wojciech Szczęsny, the man who has usurped him as the No1 goalkeeper at his club, Arsenal FC.
• Began his senior career with KKS Lech Poznań but swiftly joined Legia Warszawa without playing a first-team game, replacing Artur Boruc as the club's No1 when the latter departed for Celtic FC ahead of the 2005/06 season.
• Ever-present in Legia's 2005/06 Ekstraklasa title-winning campaign, Fabiański was voted Polish goalkeeper of the year in his two seasons at the club.
• Made his senior international debut in March 2006 against Saudi Arabia, travelling to the FIFA World Cup finals in Germany a few months later, and was also in the squad which participated at UEFA EURO 2008.
• Save for a sustained run of games in the autumn of 2010/11 following an injury to Manuel Almunia, Fabiański has largely been restricted to sporadic European outings and domestic cup appearances since signing for Arsenal in summer 2007.
• Kept goal against Cameroon (0-3), Ivory Coast (3-1), Korea Republic (2-2), Belarus (2-0) and Hungary (2-1) in the build-up to UEFA EURO 2012.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|