Clubs: Everton FC, Manchester United FC
• Born in Liverpool, he joined Everton FC as a ten-year-old and made his first-team debut at 16; became the Premier League's youngest marksman when he scored a sensational debut goal in the last minute against Arsenal FC in October 2002, five days before his 17th birthday.
• Became the youngest player capped by England when he made his bow on 12 February 2003 against Australia, and went on to score four goals at UEFA EURO 2004 before leaving the field with a toe injury in the quarter-final against Portugal.
• Became the world's most expensive teenager when he left Everton for United in August 2004 and scored a sensational hat-trick on debut in a UEFA Champions League group game at home to Fenerbahçe SK (6-2).
• Won his first trophy with United in the 2006 League Cup − when he struck twice in the final versus Wigan Athletic FC − before helping them to a hat-trick of Premier League titles and victory in the 2008 UEFA Champions League final against Chelsea FC.
• Scored the winning goal in the final of the 2008 FIFA Club World Cup but was unable to cap an outstanding 2008/09 season with a repeat European success as United lost in Rome to FC Barcelona.
• Injured and sent off at the 2006 FIFA World Cup but top-scored with nine goals for Fabio Capello's team in a successful qualification campaign for the 2010 edition in South Africa; failed to score in a frustrating final tournament, though, as England bowed out in the last 16.
• Struck 26 league goals during the 2009/10 season − his 100th top-flight effort came in a 3-1 win versus Arsenal FC on 31 January − as United finished runners-up in the Premier League behind Chelsea FC.
• Agreed a new five-year deal with United in October 2010, a matter of days after he submitted a transfer request, and scored the goal in the penultimate league game of the season at Blackburn Rovers FC (1-1) which secured United a historic 19th league title.
• Enjoyed the most productive campaign of his career in 2011/12, yet his career-best tally of 27 league goals, which included a hat-trick in an 8-2 defeat of Arsenal, was not enough for United to retain the Premier League crown.
• Did get his hands on a fifth Premier League crown the following season, scoring 12 Premier League goals in 26 appearances as United won the league by 11 points.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 05/10/2015 12:16 CET|
|03.09.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||England||1-0||Norway||70||1||0|
|08.09.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Switzerland||0-2||England||90||0||0|
|09.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||England||5-0||San Marino||90||1||0|
|12.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Estonia||0-1||England||90||1||0|
|15.11.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||England||3-1||Slovenia||90||1||0|
|18.11.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Scotland||1-3||England||90||2||0|
|27.03.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||England||4-0||Lithuania||71||1||1|
|31.03.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Italy||1-1||England||90||0||0|
|07.06.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Republic of Ireland||0-0||England||74||0||0|
|14.06.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Slovenia||2-3||England||90||1||0|
|08.08.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||1-0||Tottenham||90||0||0|
|14.08.2015||English Premier League||Aston Villa||0-1||Man. United||90||0||0|
|18.08.2015||UEFA Champions League||Play-offs||Man. United||3-1||Club Brugge||84||0||0|
|22.08.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||0-0||Newcastle||90||0||0|
|26.08.2015||UEFA Champions League||Play-offs||Club Brugge||0-4||Man. United||90||3||0|
|30.08.2015||English Premier League||Swansea||2-1||Man. United||90||0||0|
|05.09.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||San Marino||0-6||England||58||1||0|
|08.09.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||England||2-0||Switzerland||90||1||0|
|20.09.2015||English Premier League||Southampton||2-3||Man. United||90||0||0|
|23.09.2015||English League Cup||Third round||Man. United||3-0||Ipswich||81||1||0|
|26.09.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||3-0||Sunderland||90||1||0|
|30.09.2015||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Man. United||2-1||Wolfsburg||90||0||0|
|04.10.2015||English Premier League||Arsenal||3-0||Man. United||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|