Clubs: Middlesbrough FC, Darlington FC (loan), Barnsley FC (loan, twice), Bradford City AFC (loan), Crewe Alexandra FC (loan), Cardiff City FC (loan), Chelsea FC
• Converted from a midfielder to a goalkeeper in his early years, Turnbull signed for Middlesbrough in 2002 and was part of the team which was beaten by Manchester United FC in the 2003 FA Youth Cup final.
• Had loan spells with a number of teams before he made his debut for the Teesside club on 3 May 2006 in a Premier League fixture against Bolton Wanderers FC (1-1).
• Gained regular first-team action with Middlesbrough following the departure of long-serving No1 Mark Schwarzer in summer 2008 but made no appearances in the final three months of the campaign and joined Chelsea in June 2009 on a free transfer.
• Kept a clean sheet on his Chelsea debut in a 4-0 League Cup victory against Bolton before featuring twice in the UEFA Champions League in his first season, the second outing coming in a round of 16 second-leg defeat by FC Internazionale Milano (0-1) in March 2010.
• Continued in his role as second-choice goalkeeper behind Petr Čech in 2010/11, 2011/12 and 2012/13. Was unused throughout Chelsea's triumphant UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League campaigns.
UEFA Champions League: winner 2012
UEFA Europa League: winner 2013
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|