Versatility and dependability are the chief assets of Olympiacos FC captain Vassilis Torossidis. He also has a happy knack of scoring important goals – as he did against Nigeria at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, becoming the first player to register a winning goal for Greece on football's biggest stage. He also featured at UEFA EURO 2008
• Made his Super League debut for home-town club Skoda Xanthi FC in April 2003 aged 17; a gradual increase in activity at Xanthi resulted in a breakthrough 2005/06 season, during which he made his European debut in the UEFA Cup first round against Middlesbrough FC.
• Switched to Olympiacos midway through the 2006/07 campaign and made his debut for Greece a few weeks later – as a second-half substitute in a 4-1 home defeat by Turkey; started each of the next seven UEFA EURO 2008 qualifiers, becoming Greece's first-choice left-back, a role he also filled in two of the team's three matches at the finals.
• His first two full seasons at Olympiacos both yielded league and cup doubles; made seven appearances in his debut UEFA Champions League campaign, helping the Piraeus club gain their first away wins in the competition and a place in the first knockout round.
• Missed both legs of the 2010 FIFA World Cup play-off against Ukraine with a knee injury but featured in all three matches at the finals in South Africa; was on target twice in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying, both times scoring the only goal in victories against Latvia and Malta.
• A title winner again in 2010/11, he contributed to another double success for Olympiacos the following campaign, during which he passed a century of Super League appearances for the Athens side.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 28/01/2016 02:07 CET|
|07.09.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Greece||0-1||Romania||90||0||0|
|11.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Finland||1-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|14.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Greece||0-2||Northern Ireland||90||0||0|
|14.11.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Greece||0-1||Faroe Islands||90||0||0|
|18.11.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Greece||0-2||Serbia||61||0||0|
|29.03.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Hungary||0-0||Greece||90||0||0|
|13.06.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Faroe Islands||2-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|22.08.2015||Italian Serie A||Verona||1-1||Roma||90||0||0|
|16.09.2015||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Roma||1-1||Barcelona||5||0||0|
|20.09.2015||Italian Serie A||Roma||2-2||Sassuolo||90||0||0|
|29.09.2015||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||BATE||3-2||Roma||45||1||0|
|04.10.2015||Italian Serie A||Palermo||2-4||Roma||90||0||0|
|08.10.2015||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Northern Ireland||3-1||Greece||90||0||1|
|17.10.2015||Italian Serie A||Roma||3-1||Empoli||90||0||0|
|20.10.2015||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Leverkusen||4-4||Roma||90||0||0|
|25.10.2015||Italian Serie A||Fiorentina||1-2||Roma||11||0||0|
|04.11.2015||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Roma||3-2||Leverkusen||14||0||0|
|08.11.2015||Italian Serie A||Roma||2-0||Lazio||90||0||0|
|17.11.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Turkey||0-0||Greece||90||0||0|
|21.11.2015||Italian Serie A||Bologna||2-2||Roma||27||0||0|
|29.11.2015||Italian Serie A||Roma||0-2||Atalanta||7||0||0|
|05.12.2015||Italian Serie A||Torino||1-1||Roma||5||0||0|
|17.01.2016||Italian Serie A||Roma||1-1||Verona||73||0||0|
|24.01.2016||Italian Serie A||Juventus||1-0||Roma||1||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|