Versatility and dependability are the chief assets of Olympiacos FC captain Vassilis Torossidis. He also has a happy knack of scoring important goals – as he did against Nigeria at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, becoming the first player to register a winning goal for Greece on football's biggest stage. He also featured at UEFA EURO 2008
• Made his Super League debut for home-town club Skoda Xanthi FC in April 2003 aged 17; a gradual increase in activity at Xanthi resulted in a breakthrough 2005/06 season, during which he made his European debut in the UEFA Cup first round against Middlesbrough FC.
• Switched to Olympiacos midway through the 2006/07 campaign and made his debut for Greece a few weeks later – as a second-half substitute in a 4-1 home defeat by Turkey; started each of the next seven UEFA EURO 2008 qualifiers, becoming Greece's first-choice left-back, a role he also filled in two of the team's three matches at the finals.
• His first two full seasons at Olympiacos both yielded league and cup doubles; made seven appearances in his debut UEFA Champions League campaign, helping the Piraeus club gain their first away wins in the competition and a place in the first knockout round.
• Missed both legs of the 2010 FIFA World Cup play-off against Ukraine with a knee injury but featured in all three matches at the finals in South Africa; was on target twice in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying, both times scoring the only goal in victories against Latvia and Malta.
• A title winner again in 2010/11, he contributed to another double success for Olympiacos the following campaign, during which he passed a century of Super League appearances for the Athens side.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 23/11/2014 02:14 CET|
|07.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Latvia||1-2||Greece||90||0||0|
|11.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||2-0||Lithuania||90||0||0|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||0-0||Bosnia and Herzegovina||90||0||0|
|16.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Slovakia||0-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Bosnia and Herzegovina||3-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|07.06.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Lithuania||0-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|06.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Liechtenstein||0-1||Greece||90||0||1|
|10.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||1-0||Latvia||90||0||0|
|11.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||1-0||Slovakia||90||0||0|
|15.11.2013||FIFA World Cup||Play-off for Final Tournament||Greece||3-1||Romania||90||0||1|
|19.11.2013||FIFA World Cup||Play-off for Final Tournament||Romania||1-1||Greece||72||0||0|
|14.06.2014||FIFA World Cup||Final tournament - Group stage||Colombia||3-0||Greece||90||0||0|
|19.06.2014||FIFA World Cup||Final tournament - Group stage||Japan||0-0||Greece||90||0||0|
|24.06.2014||FIFA World Cup||Final tournament - Group stage||Greece||2-1||Ivory Coast||90||0||0|
|29.06.2014||FIFA World Cup||Round of 16||Costa Rica||1-1|
|30.08.2014||Italian Serie A||Roma||2-0||Fiorentina||90||0||0|
|07.09.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Greece||0-1||Romania||90||0||0|
|24.09.2014||Italian Serie A||Parma||1-2||Roma||69||0||0|
|30.09.2014||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Man. City||1-1||Roma||1||0||0|
|11.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Finland||1-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|14.10.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Greece||0-2||Northern Ireland||90||0||0|
|25.10.2014||Italian Serie A||Sampdoria||0-0||Roma||90||0||0|
|29.10.2014||Italian Serie A||Roma||2-0||Cesena||90||0||0|
|01.11.2014||Italian Serie A||Napoli||2-0||Roma||84||0||0|
|09.11.2014||Italian Serie A||Roma||3-0||Torino||90||1||0|
|14.11.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Greece||0-1||Faroe Islands||90||0||0|
|22.11.2014||Italian Serie A||Atalanta||1-2||Roma||49||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|