A defender from Dublin who started his career in Scotland with Celtic FC, Darren O'Dea has spent the last few seasons on loan with English second-tier clubs, during which he has become a regular member of the Republic of Ireland squad, starting four UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers.
• Joined Celtic from Dublin side Home Farm FC as a teenager and made his senior debut for the Glasgow giants in September 2006; also appeared three times in the UEFA Champions League that season as Celtic reached the round of 16.
• Won the Scottish Premier League title in each of his first two seasons but increasingly struggled to hold down a first-team place; made his mark in 2008/09, however, by scoring the opening goal in Celtic's extra-time 2-0 win against Rangers FC in the Scottish League Cup final.
• Spent the first half of the 2009/10 season on loan at Reading FC, during which he made his international debut in a September friendly against South Africa.
• Started both UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers against the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and the away fixtures against Russia and Andorra, conceding just one goal in the four matches.
• Spent the 2010/11 season on loan at Ipswich Town FC and returned briefly to Celtic before being farmed out again, to Leeds United AFC.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 16/05/2015 02:01 CET|
|07.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Kazakhstan||1-2||Republic of Ireland||90||0||0|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Republic of Ireland||1-6||Germany||90||0||0|
|16.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Faroe Islands||1-4||Republic of Ireland||90||1||0|
|04.01.2015||English FA Cup||Third round||Aston Villa||1-0||Blackpool||90||0||0|
|Republic of Ireland||4||0|
|Republic of Ireland U-21||5||0|
|Republic of Ireland U-19||11||0|
|Republic of Ireland U-17||3||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|