Clubs: ASEC Abidjan, KSK Beveren, Arsenal FC, Galatasaray SK
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2006
• Born in Abidjan, Eboué took the well-worn path from ASEC to Beveren, an established nursery club for young Ivorian talent; he made 70 top-flight appearances for the Belgian outfit, scoring four goals, and also competed in the UEFA Cup.
• Having joined Arsenal in 2004/05, he eventually replaced the injured Lauren and became a pivotal member of the Gunners' unbreachable defence in the UEFA Champions League, helping the club achieve eight successive clean sheets en route to the final against FC Barcelona in Paris.
• First capped by the Ivory Coast in September 2004 in a FIFA World Cup qualifier against Sudan, he was a runner-up at the 2006 Africa Cup of Nations and an ever-present at the World Cup finals later that year.
• Increasingly deployed in midfield by Arsenal after the signing of Bacary Sagna in summer 2007, he ended the following campaign with three league goals – his best seasonal tally.
• Celebrated his 50th appearance in European club competition on Matchday 4 of the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League group stage by helping the Gunners to a 4-1 home victory over AZ Alkmaar.
• Used sparingly in Arsenal's 2010/11 Premier League campaign and left the club in a €3.5m transfer to Galatasaray in August 2011.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|