A prominent member of the FC Viktoria Plzeň side that won the Czech Cup in 2010 and the 1. Liga title a year later, Milan Petržela has earned regular call-ups for the Czech Republic thanks to his sterling efforts in midfield at club level. He made his first competitive start in the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier away to Scotland.
• After an early spell with FK Drnovice he left his mark in the 1. Liga with 1. FC Synot/1. FC Slovácko, making 70 top-flight appearances and earning regular selection for the Czech Under-21 side.
• Joined AC Sparta Praha but was farmed out on a season-long loan to FK Jablonec, for whom he played against his parent club in the 2007 Czech Cup showpiece, losing 2-1, having scored in a 3-0 win at Plzeň in the quarter-final.
• Struggled to make his mark at Sparta and left for Plzeň, where he established himself as an important midfield presence in Pavel Vrba's side.
• Scored the opening goal in the 2010 Czech Cup final against former team Jablonec as Plzeň ran out 2-1 winners to claim their first major trophy, and found the net seven times in 26 1. Liga starts in 2010/11 as Vrba's men claimed the title in the club's centenary year.
• Made his senior international debut as a late substitute in a UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier against Liechtenstein in Vaduz on 12 October 2010.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 10/09/2014 01:20 CET|
|12.10.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Czech Republic||3-1||Malta||29||0||0|
|31.07.2014||UEFA Europa League||Third qualifying round||Petrolul||1-1||Plzeň||74||0||0|
|07.08.2014||UEFA Europa League||Third qualifying round||Plzeň||1-4||Petrolul||66||0||0|
|Czech Republic U-21||9||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|