Clubs: CD El Nacional, Villarreal CF, RC Recreativo de Huelva (loan), Wigan Athletic FC, Manchester United FC
• Came up through the youth ranks at Ecuadorian club Nacional, making sufficient progress in the first team to earn a transfer to Villarreal in 2005 aged 20; spent most of the 2005/06 season on loan at Recreativo, helping the team from southern Spain win promotion to the top flight.
• A double goalscorer on his international debut – in a 5-2 win against Paraguay – he starred for his country at 2006 FIFA World Cup, starting all four matches.
• That provoked interest from Wigan, who brought him to England initially on loan until he signed a permanent deal in January 2008; scored seven goals in 89 appearances during three seasons with the Latics before he moved to United in June 2009 for an undisclosed fee.
• Earned a regular place in United's starting XI – generally on the right wing; his first goal in the UEFA Champions League brought a crucial 1-0 win at PFC CSKA Moskva and his deflected shot in stoppage time rescued a point at home to the same opponents in a 3-3 draw a fortnight later.
• Had made two Premier League appearances in 2010/11 before he sustained a dislocated and fractured left ankle on UEFA Champions League Matchday 1 against Rangers FC; returned in mid-March with a string of strong performances in the run-in as United won the title.
• Claimed his second title with the Red Devils in 2012/13, scoring once in 29 Premier League appearances.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2011
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 03/05/2016 02:06 CET|
|08.08.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||1-0||Tottenham||9||0||0|
|22.08.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||0-0||Newcastle||13||0||0|
|15.09.2015||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||PSV||2-1||Man. United||4||0||0|
|20.09.2015||English Premier League||Southampton||2-3||Man. United||45||0||0|
|23.09.2015||English League Cup||Third round||Man. United||3-0||Ipswich||90||0||0|
|26.09.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||3-0||Sunderland||90||0||0|
|30.09.2015||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Man. United||2-1||Wolfsburg||45||0||0|
|04.10.2015||English Premier League||Arsenal||3-0||Man. United||45||0||0|
|21.10.2015||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||CSKA Moskva||1-1||Man. United||90||0||1|
|25.10.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||0-0||Man. City||81||0||0|
|17.03.2016||UEFA Europa League||Round of 16||Man. United||1-1||Liverpool||45||0||0|
|20.03.2016||English Premier League||Man. City||0-1||Man. United||27||0||0|
|03.04.2016||English Premier League||Man. United||1-0||Everton||8||0||0|
|13.04.2016||English FA Cup||Quarter-finals - Replay||West Ham||1-2||Man. United||22||0||0|
|16.04.2016||English Premier League||Man. United||1-0||Aston Villa||90||0||1|
|20.04.2016||English Premier League||Man. United||2-0||Crystal Palace||90||0||0|
|23.04.2016||English FA Cup||Semi-finals||Everton||1-2||Man. United||28||0||0|
|01.05.2016||English Premier League||Man. United||1-1||Leicester||90||0||1|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|