Out of action for several months after sustaining a serious knee injury in June 2011, Tomáš Necid missed the latter stages of the Czech Republic's successful UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying attempt as well as the group phase of PFC CSKA Moskva's UEFA Champions League campaign. A tall, sturdy striker, he is strong in the air and an excellent finisher.
• Started his career with SK Slavia Praha aged 17 but caught the eye with the Czech Republic as top scorer at the 2006 UEFA European Under-17 Championship and the equivalent U19 tournament two years later.
• Went on a successful loan to FK Jablonec before returning to Slavia in 2008, scoring 11 goals in the first half of what would become a title-winning campaign; left in mid-season for CSKA, who had signed him on a pre-contract agreement the previous summer.
• Struck the winner on his CSKA debut as they defeated champions FC Rubin Kazan 2-1 in the Russian Super Cup; ended his debut Premier-Liga campaign as CSKA's joint-top scorer alongside Miloš Krasić with nine goals.
• Scored 17 minutes into his senior international debut – a FIFA World Cup qualifier against San Marino on 19 November 2008 – and six goals in ten appearances in the 2010/11 UEFA Europa League as the Army Men reached the round of 16.
• Suffered ligament and cartilage damage to his right knee during a league game against FC Terek Grozny midway through 2011 and would not return to competitive action until the following February, when he made a cameo appearance against Real Madrid CF in the UEFA Champions League round of 16.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|Czech Republic U-21||1||0|
|Czech Republic U-19||9||7|
|Czech Republic U-17||10||9|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|