Clubs: Manchester City FC, Chelsea FC, Bolton Wanderers FC (loan)
UEFA Champions League: winner 2012
• A product of the Manchester City academy, he had made 21 league appearances over three seasons when he decided to join Chelsea in summer 2009 following the expiry of his contract in the north west.
• Often used from the bench in his first two campaigns at Stamford Bridge, he scored four goals in Chelsea's triumphant 2009/10 FA Cup run, part two of the club's first domestic double success.
• Struck on his UEFA Champions League debut, a 4-1 win at MŠK Žilina on matchday one of the 2010/11 competition, but really came into his own later that season when he registered eight goals in 12 appearances while on a six-month loan to Bolton.
• Back at Chelsea in 2011/12, he was afforded more playing time under André Villas-Boas and the Portuguese's successor, Roberto Di Matteo, scoring ten league goals by the end of March and finishing the season on the bench for the UEFA Champions League final.
• Given his senior England debut as a second-half substitute in a November 2011 friendly against Sweden, Fabio Capello's last match in charge of the national team, he was retained by caretaker manager Stuart Pearce for the encounter with the Netherlands three months later.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 19/10/2016 02:02 CET|
|16.06.2016||UEFA EURO||Final tournament - Group stage||England||2-1||Wales||45||1||0|
|20.06.2016||UEFA EURO||Final tournament - Group stage||Slovakia||0-0||England||75||0||0|
|27.06.2016||UEFA EURO||Round of 16||England||1-2||Iceland||90||0||0|
|20.08.2016||English Premier League||Burnley||2-0||Liverpool||65||0||0|
|27.08.2016||English Premier League||Tottenham||1-1||Liverpool||2||0||0|
|04.09.2016||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Slovakia||0-1||England||8||0||0|
|10.09.2016||English Premier League||Liverpool||4-1||Leicester||76||0||1|
|16.09.2016||English Premier League||Chelsea||1-2||Liverpool||57||0||0|
|24.09.2016||English Premier League||Liverpool||5-1||Hull||21||0||0|
|01.10.2016||English Premier League||Swansea||1-2||Liverpool||67||0||0|
|08.10.2016||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||England||2-0||Malta||73||1||0|
|11.10.2016||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Slovenia||0-0||England||82||0||0|
|17.10.2016||English Premier League||Liverpool||0-0||Man. United||60||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|