A highly promising midfielder who has represented Germany at various age levels, winning the UEFA European Under-19 Championship in 2008, Timo Gebhart joined VfB Stuttgart from TSV 1860 München in January 2009.
• Born in the Swabian village of Memmingen, he joined 1860 München's youth section in 2004 and made debut in the 2. Bundesliga on 26 August 2007 against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
• Represented his country at the 2006 UEFA European Under-17 Championship in Luxembourg and was a winner with the U19s in the Czech Republic two years later, appearing in all five games and capping an outstanding display in the final against Italy with the third goal in a 3-1 win.
• Left 1860 midway through the 2008/09 season, joining Stuttgart on a four-and-a-half-year contract; scored 20 minutes into his debut against FC Zenit St. Petersburg in the second leg of a UEFA Cup round of 32 tie.
• Made Bundesliga debut on 1 March 2009 in a 2-0 win at Karlsruher SC, adding ten further appearances that season.
• In and out of team in 2009/10, scoring his first Bundesliga goal in first game after winter break – a 3-1 home win against champions VfL Wolfsburg.
Did you know?
Gebhart was sent off on his debut for Germany's U21 side – in a 6-0 victory over San Marino in September 2009.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|