A goalscoring central midfielder who can also play in a defensive role, Christian Koffi Ndri, aka Romaric, is an Ivory Coast international who represented Les Éléphants at the 2006 FIFA World Cup. He moved to Sevilla FC from French club Le Mans UC 72 in 2008.
• Took traditional route of Ivorian footballers to Europe, joining Belgian club KSK Beveren from ASEC Abidjan in 2003.
• Made good progress in Belgium, scoring 18 goals in 44 appearances over two Eerste Klasse campaigns, helping Beveren into UEFA Cup in his first and saving them from relegation in his second.
• Left for Le Mans in May 2005; badly injured in car accident soon after but recovered to play for his country at 2006 Africa Cup of Nations and World Cup; made one appearance in Germany – in 2-1 defeat by the Netherlands.
• Scored seven Ligue 1 goals in three seasons at Le Mans before signing for Sevilla in June 2008 for €8m; scored his only goal of debut Liga campaign in 4-3 home win against Real Madrid CF on 7 December 2008.
• Made UEFA Champions League debut on 29 September 2009 as substitute in 4-1 defeat of Rangers FC at Ibrox; struggled with knee injury in first half of 2009/10 season and not selected for Ivory Coast's 2010 Africa Cup of Nations squad.
Did you know?
Romaric scored in his first two European club games – one in each leg of Beveren's 2004/05 UEFA Cup second qualifying round tie against FC Vaduz.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|