Filling one of Croatia's three goalkeeping berths at UEFA EURO 2012, Danijel Subašić is now playing in France following a move to AS Monaco, having previously played for HNK Hajduk Split and home-town club NK Zadar. As yet he has made only non-competitive international appearances.
• Made his senior debut for Zadar, the club of his youth, in the 2003/04 season but it was not until the side were relegated to the second division, in 2005, that he became a regular.
• Helped Zadar regain their Prva Liga place in 2006/07 and made 28 starts in the top flight on his first season back among Croatia's elite, drawing the interest of Hajduk.
• Initially recruited by Hajduk in a temporary arrangement, they secured him on a permanent deal following an excellent start, and by the end of the campaign he had notched up 31 league appearances plus another three in Europe.
• Won the Croatian Cup with Hajduk in 2009/10, starting both legs of the final against HNK Šibenik, and helped the club into the group stage of the UEFA Europa League in 2010/11, featuring in the first four matches but missing the last two with injury.
• Joined AS Monaco in January 2012 and started 17 matches, keeping five clean sheets and getting on the scoresheet in the final match with a free-kick against US Boulogne.
• A Croatian Under-21 international, he made his senior debut on 14 November 2009 in a 5-0 defeat of Liechtenstein and kept further clean sheets on his next two appearances, May 2010 friendlies against Austria (1-0) and Estonia (0-0).
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Europa League|