A skilful and inventive attacking midfielder, Emir Bajrami is a native of Kosovo but was brought up in Sweden and now plays his club football in the Netherlands with FC Twente. He has featured regularly for Sweden during Erk Hamrén's reign as coach, appearing in six UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers.
• Born in Pristina, he left his homeland at the age of four, settling with his family in central Sweden and starting his career with local club Köping FF in the fourth division.
• Joined top-flight IF Elfsborg and was on their books when the Boras club won the 2006 Allsvenskan title, his contribution amounting to just one substitute appearance.
• Made gradual progress in 2007, including a European club debut in a UEFA Champions League qualifier against Debreceni VSC and a first start in a UEFA Cup group game at Villarreal CF, before cementing a regular place in 2008 and helping Elfsborg to an Allsvenskan runners-up spot.
• A steady accumulator of Swedish Under-21 caps, he won three of them while competing for his country on home soil at the 2009 UEFA European U21 Championship, which interrupted another fine season at Elfsborg, highlighted by a winning goal at SC Braga in a UEFA Europa League qualifier and six more strikes in the Allsvenskan.
• Joined FC Twente in summer 2010 and won the Dutch Cup at the end of an injury-curtailed debut season in which he made his UEFA Champions League group stage debut in a 2-2 home draw with holders FC Internazionale Milano.
• Scored his first international goal in a friendly against Scotland on 11 August 2010 and added another in the same Råsundastadion against Finland in a thumping 5-0 win that brought three vital UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying points.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 12/12/2014 01:17 CET|
|11.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Sweden||2-0||Kazakhstan||34||0||0|
|14.09.2014||Greek Super League||Kalloni||1-0||Panathinaikos||45||0||0|
|02.10.2014||UEFA Europa League||Group stage||Estoril||2-0||Panathinaikos||45||0||0|
|27.11.2014||UEFA Europa League||Group stage||Dinamo Moskva||2-1||Panathinaikos||90||0||0|
|04.12.2014||Greek Super League||Panaitolikos||0-1||Panathinaikos||76||0||0|
|07.12.2014||Greek Super League||Asteras||1-1||Panathinaikos||35||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|