A versatile defender whose preferred position is in the centre of the back four, Andreas Bjelland started Denmark's last two UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers and is a prime candidate to partner either Daniel Agger or Simon Kjær at the final tournament. A Danish league champion with FC Nordsjælland in 2012, he will join FC Twente after the finals in Poland and Ukraine.
• Joined Lyngby BK as a schoolboy and worked his way through the youth sector before making his first-team debut in September 2006 and winning promotion to the Superligaen at the end of his first season.
• Relegated in his second campaign, he left the club in August 2009 to rejoin the domestic elite with local rivals Nordsjælland.
• Won the Danish Cup with Nordsjælland in 2010, defeating FC Midtjylland 2-0 after extra time in the final; a year later he was back at Parken helping the club to a repeat success, with Midtjylland again the victims in the showpiece (3-2).
• A Danish youth and Under-21 international, he gained his first senior cap on 17 November 2010 in a friendly against the Czech Republic in Aarhus; stood in for the injured Agger in the decisive UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying wins against Cyprus (4-1) and Portugal (2-1) and was retained for subsequent friendlies against Sweden and Russia.
• Midway through his third season with Nordsjælland he agreed a summer 2012 transfer to Twente – departed on a high after scoring his first league goal of the season in a 3-0 final-day victory against AC Horsens which secured the club their maiden Superligaen crown.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 24/05/2013 02:10 CET|
|26.07.2012||UEFA Europa League||Second qualifying round||Inter Turku||0-5||Twente||12||0||0|
|02.08.2012||UEFA Europa League||Third qualifying round||Twente||2-0||Mladá Boleslav||90||0||0|
|09.08.2012||UEFA Europa League||Third qualifying round||Mladá Boleslav||0-2||Twente||90||0||0|
|12.08.2012||Dutch First Division||Twente||4-1||Groningen||90||0||0|
|18.08.2012||Dutch First Division||NAC||0-1||Twente||90||0||0|
|23.08.2012||UEFA Europa League||Play-offs||Bursaspor||3-1||Twente||90||0||0|
|26.08.2012||Dutch First Division||NEC||1-3||Twente||40||0||0|
|28.04.2013||Dutch First Division||Twente||5-2||NEC||13||0||0|
|05.05.2013||Dutch First Division||Heracles||1-1||Twente||16||0||0|
|12.05.2013||Dutch First Division||Twente||3-1||PSV||90||0||0|
|16.05.2013||Dutch First Division||Groningen||0-1||Twente||90||0||0|
|19.05.2013||Dutch First Division||Twente||3-2||Groningen||90||0||0|
|23.05.2013||Dutch First Division||Twente||0-2||Utrecht||90||0||0|
|UEFA Europa League|