Clubs: Olympiacos FC, FC Schalke 04
• A teenage prospect in his homeland with Olympiacos, Papadopoulos became the youngest player to appear in the Greek Super League when he made his debut in December 2007 aged 15 years 283 days.
• Represented Greece at the 2008 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in the Czech Republic and featured in the Team of the Tournament despite being the youngest player at the finals.
• Made his European debut for Olympiacos during qualifying for the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League but was unable to break into the side on a regular basis and left to join Schalke on a four-year contract in July 2010 with just nine league games – plus two in the play-offs – under his belt.
• Scored the opening goal as Greece beat England 2-1 in Doncaster in a March 2010 qualifier for the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
• Started both UEFA Champions League games for Schalke against SL Benfica (2-0 at home, 2-1 away) in the 2010/11 group stage.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|