A reliable central defender who has shunned moves abroad to remain in the Polish Ekstraklasa with KSP Polonia Warszawa, Tomasz Jodłowiec has featured regularly for his country in friendly fixtures – either in the starting XI or on the bench – since making his international debut in October 2008.
• Played for RTS Widzew Łódź, ŁKS Łódź and TS Podbeskidzie Bielsko-Biała before moving up to Ekstraklasa level when he joined Dyskobolia Grodzisk Wielkopolski in 2006.
• Won the Polish Cup at the end of his debut season with Dyskobolia but missed the final, won 2-0 against Korona Kielce; made six appearances in Europe the following term, though, as the club reached the first round of the UEFA Cup.
• Joined Polonia as the Warsaw club absorbed village outfit Dyskobolia following a takeover and made 29 starts in his debut campaign, helping the team to an impressive fourth-place finish in the league.
• Made his international debut as a 90th-minute substitute in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier against the Czech Republic on 11 October 2008 – pending his involvement at UEFA EURO 2012 that remains his only taste of competitive international football.
• Consistent displays for Polonia earned him regular call-ups from Poland coach Franciszek Smuda, including starts against Argentina (2-1) and France (0-1) in prestigious June 2011 friendlies in Warsaw; unfortunately he deflected in Les Bleus' winning goal in the latter fixture.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 19/09/2014 01:54 CET|
|26.07.2014||Polish First Division||Cracovia||1-3||Legia||70||1||0|
|02.08.2014||Polish First Division||Legia||1-1||Górnik||34||0||0|
|09.08.2014||Polish First Division||Legia||5-0||Łęczna||90||0||0|
|15.08.2014||Polish First Division||Jagiellonia||0-3||Legia||90||0||0|
|31.08.2014||Polish First Division||Podbeskidzie||2-1||Legia||90||0||0|
|13.09.2014||Polish First Division||Legia||4-3||Śląsk||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|
|Groclin Grodzisk Wielkopolski||6||0|