The Allsvenskan player of the year and top goalscorer in 2010, Alexander Gerndt has now exported his talents to the Netherlands, with FC Utrecht. An imposing forward, he has had limited opportunities for Sweden but managed to score a goal, against Moldova, in just 15 minutes of UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying action.
• A native of Gotland, an island in the Baltic Sea south-east of Stockholm, he started out with local club Visby IF Gute, representing the team for three years in Sweden's third division before joining top-tier AIK Solna in 2007.
• Scored on his European debut for AIK – 21 minutes after entering the field as a substitute in a 4-0 defeat of Glentoran FC in the first qualifying round of the 2007/08 UEFA Cup – but made little headway on the domestic front and went on loan to second-division IK Sirius the following year before sealing a permanent move to Allsvenskan outfit Gefle IF.
• Made an indifferent start for Gefle but exploded into life in the first half of the 2010 season, scoring eight goals in 14 league games and inducing a mid-campaign move to Helsingborgs IF, for whom he added 12 further Allsvenskan goals in just 15 games to win the league's golden boot and player of the year prizes.
• An Allsvenskan runner-up with Helsingborg in 2010, he helped the team towards a title win in 2011 but left halfway through the triumphant campaign to join Utrecht; initially struggled for form before scoring twice in a 3-0 victory AZ Alkmaar in February 2012.
• Made his debut for Sweden in a November 2010 friendly against Germany and scored his maiden goal on his first start, versus Botswana two months later; his only two UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying appearances both came from the bench against Moldova, the second of them, in Chisinau, bringing his first competitive international goal in a 4-1 win.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 23/03/2015 03:07 CET|
|15.11.2013||FIFA World Cup||Play-off for Final Tournament||Portugal||1-0||Sweden||2||0||0|
|19.11.2013||FIFA World Cup||Play-off for Final Tournament||Sweden||2-3||Portugal||1||0||0|
|07.02.2015||Swiss Super League||Luzern||1-1||Young Boys||10||0||0|
|14.02.2015||Swiss Super League||Young Boys||4-2||Grasshoppers||18||0||0|
|19.02.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 32||Young Boys||1-4||Everton||20||0||0|
|22.02.2015||Swiss Super League||Young Boys||4-2||Basel||69||2||0|
|26.02.2015||UEFA Europa League||Round of 32||Everton||3-1||Young Boys||22||0||0|
|01.03.2015||Swiss Super League||Thun||0-0||Young Boys||90||0||0|
|08.03.2015||Swiss Super League||Young Boys||3-2||Sion||67||1||0|
|15.03.2015||Swiss Super League||Aarau||1-1||Young Boys||80||0||0|
|22.03.2015||Swiss Super League||Young Boys||3-0||Zürich||90||0||0|
|UEFA Europa League|