Clubs: CA Rosario Central, SL Benfica, Real Madrid CF
• After breaking into the Rosario team and scoring six goals in 34 league appearances, Di María was on target three times in Argentina's triumphant 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup campaign in Canada; prompted a €6m move to Benfica, where he would remain for three seasons.
• Gained UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup experience in his first campaign with O Glorioso, scoring his maiden goal for the club in a round of 32 tie against 1. FC Nürnberg after Benfica had transferred from the former into the latter competition.
• Won the Portuguese League Cup in 2008/09 and retained it the following campaign, when his five goals – including a first senior hat-trick, against Leixões SC − helped Benfica to their first Liga title since 2005.
• Reputation was enhanced further when he scored the winner for Argentina in the 2008 Olympic final against Nigeria; made his senior international debut on 6 September that year in a FIFA World Cup qualifier at home to Paraguay (1-1).
• Scored his first international goal in a pre-World Cup friendly on 24 May 2010 against Canada (5-0); during the course of the tournament, where he made five appearances as the Albiceleste reached the quarter-finals, it was announced that he was to become José Mourinho's first signing for Madrid.
• Moved for an initial €25m on a six-year contract and quickly became a fixture in Mourinho's starting XI, opening his Spanish Liga and UEFA Champions League accounts in the space of ten days during September 2010. A key member of the side which won the Liga in 2011/12, registering five times in 23 appearances.
• Provided six assists – a tally second only to Wayne Rooney's eight – in Madrid's successful 2013/14 UEFA Champions League campaign, memorably setting up his side's second goal in the Lisbon final against Club Atlético de Madrid with a mazy run and shot that was turned in on the rebound by Gareth Bale.
UEFA Champions League: winner 2014
UEFA Super Cup: 2014
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 21/04/2015 11:28 CET|
|15.06.2014||FIFA World Cup||Final tournament - Group stage||Argentina||2-1||Bosnia and Herzegovina||90||0||0|
|21.06.2014||FIFA World Cup||Final tournament - Group stage||Argentina||1-0||Iran||90||0||0|
|25.06.2014||FIFA World Cup||Final tournament - Group stage||Nigeria||2-3||Argentina||90||0||0|
|01.07.2014||FIFA World Cup||Round of 16||Argentina||1-0||Switzerland||120||1||0|
|05.07.2014||FIFA World Cup||Quarter-finals||Argentina||1-0||Belgium||33||0||1|
|30.08.2014||English Premier League||Burnley||0-0||Man. United||70||0||0|
|03.09.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Germany||2-4||Argentina||86||1||0|
|14.09.2014||English Premier League||Man. United||4-0||QPR||82||1||1|
|21.09.2014||English Premier League||Leicester||5-3||Man. United||76||1||1|
|27.09.2014||English Premier League||Man. United||2-1||West Ham||90||0||0|
|05.10.2014||English Premier League||Man. United||2-1||Everton||90||1||1|
|20.10.2014||English Premier League||West Brom||2-2||Man. United||76||0||1|
|26.10.2014||English Premier League||Man. United||1-1||Chelsea||90||0||0|
|02.11.2014||English Premier League||Man. City||1-0||Man. United||90||0||0|
|08.11.2014||English Premier League||Man. United||1-0||Crystal Palace||71||0||1|
|12.11.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Croatia||1-2||Argentina||77||0||0|
|18.11.2014||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Portugal||1-0||Argentina||61||0||0|
|22.11.2014||English Premier League||Arsenal||1-2||Man. United||90||0||1|
|29.11.2014||English Premier League||Man. United||3-0||Hull||14||0||0|
|20.12.2014||English Premier League||Aston Villa||1-1||Man. United||29||0||0|
|04.01.2015||English FA Cup||Third round||Yeovil||0-2||Man. United||30||1||0|
|11.01.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||0-1||Southampton||72||0||0|
|17.01.2015||English Premier League||QPR||0-2||Man. United||90||0||0|
|23.01.2015||English FA Cup||Fourth round||Cambridge United||0-0||Man. United||90||0||0|
|31.01.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||3-1||Leicester||90||0||0|
|03.02.2015||English FA Cup||Fourth round - Replay||Man. United||3-0||Cambridge United||71||0||0|
|08.02.2015||English Premier League||West Ham||1-1||Man. United||90||0||0|
|11.02.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||3-1||Burnley||90||0||1|
|16.02.2015||English FA Cup||Fifth round||Preston||1-3||Man. United||90||0||0|
|21.02.2015||English Premier League||Swansea||2-1||Man. United||79||0||1|
|28.02.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||2-0||Sunderland||45||0||0|
|04.03.2015||English Premier League||Newcastle||0-1||Man. United||59||0||0|
|09.03.2015||English FA Cup||Quarter-finals||Man. United||1-2||Arsenal||77||0||1|
|22.03.2015||English Premier League||Liverpool||1-2||Man. United||35||0||1|
|04.04.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||3-1||Aston Villa||20||0||1|
|12.04.2015||English Premier League||Man. United||4-2||Man. City||9||0||0|
|18.04.2015||English Premier League||Chelsea||1-0||Man. United||20||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|