A one-club man, Anton Shunin has spent his entire career to date with FC Dinamo Moskva. After three seasons of treading water, his game took off in spectacular style in the transitional 2011/12 Premier-Liga campaign as he started 41 matches for the club, thereby cementing his place as the third goalkeeper in Russia's UEFA EURO 2012 squad.
• A native Muscovite, he joined Dinamo as a youth and made his debut at the age of 20 on 21 April 2007 in a Premier-Liga encounter against FC Khimki.
• Kept goal for the remainder of the 2007 season, displacing Lithuanian international Žydrunas Karčemarskas, and won regular call-ups to the Russian Under-21 side; made his senior international debut on 22 August 2007 in a Moscow friendly against Poland, coming on at half-time and conceding twice in a 2-2 draw.
• Struggled to sustain his initial impact at Dinamo during the next three seasons, notching up just 25 more league starts over that period and dropping out of international contention.
• Re-established himself as Dinamo's No1 keeper in the marathon 2011/12 league campaign under new coach Sergei Silkin, helping the club finish in fourth place and secure a return to Europe after a three-year absence.
• Returned to the national team in November 2011 to win his second cap in a friendly away to Greece (1-1) – again as a half-time substitute.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 30/09/2013 02:01 CET|
|14.07.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||2-2||Volga||90||0||0|
|19.07.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||2-1||Anji||90||0||0|
|27.07.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||1-4||Spartak Moskva||90||0||0|
|29.09.2013||Russian Premier League||Dinamo Moskva||2-0||Krylya Sovetov||90||0||0|
|UEFA Europa League|