Clubs: Chelsea FC, Swansea City AFC (loan), AS Roma, Liverpool FC, Sunderland AFC (loan)
• Lured to Chelsea from Bologna FC in 2007 when he was only 16, he made an impression in the Blues' reserve team with a glut of goals and received international recognition at Under-16 and U17 level for Italy.
• Given first-team football at Chelsea by his compatriot Carlo Ancelotti in 2009/10 but made only a minimal contribution to the London club's double-winning campaign; asserted himself, however, in Italy's U21 side and was captain at the 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Championship finals in Normandy.
• Despatched on loan to Swansea City AFC in March 2011, he scored six goals in 12 games for the Welsh club and helped them to victory over Reading FC in the Championship play-off final to secure promotion to the Premier League.
• After joining Parma FC in July 2011, he was sent on a season-long loan to Roma, where he struggled at first but found his form impressively after Christmas, and finished with nine Serie A goals.
• Won his first senior cap for Italy on 29 February 2012 in a Genoa friendly against the United States; called up to the Azzurri squad for UEFA EURO 2012, but did not feature as Italy reached the final.
• New Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers made Borini his first signing at the club that summer, paying a reported €14m for his services.
• Scored the winner in the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship semi-finals against the Netherlands as well as registering a consolation goal in the final as Italy were defeated by Spain.
• Loaned to Sunderland for the 2013/14 season, scoring in the final of the English League Cup against Manchester City FC but the Black Cats fell to a 2-1 defeat.
UEFA European Championship: runner-up 2012
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|