A versatile defender who featured prominently for Poland during the first year of Franciszek Smuda's reign, making his debut in the coach's opening match, Maciej Sadlok has become an outside candidate for a place in the UEFA EURO 2012 squad since his January 2011 transfer from KS Ruch Chorzów to KSP Polonia Warszawa.
• Joined Ruch from youth team Pasjonat Dankowice in 2007, making his Polish Ekstraklasa debut in July of that year at the age of 18.
• Made good progress at Ruch, especially during the 2009/10 season, starting 29 of the club's league games as they finished third under coach Waldemar Fornalak to qualify for Europe.
• Came on as a late substitute in the first game of Smuda's tenure as Poland coach – on 14 November 2009 against Romania (0-1) – before starting each of the next three friendlies and featuring at some stage in the first ten matches under the new regime.
• Made five appearances for Ruch in 2010/11 UEFA Europa League qualifying but left the club mid-campaign for Polonia, making his debut in a Polish Cup quarter-final first-leg win at KKS Lech Poznań.
• Helped Polonia to third place at the halfway stage of the 2011/12 Ekstraklasa but was not recalled to the national team during that period.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 30/08/2014 05:31 CET|
|18.07.2014||Polish First Division||Łęczna||1-1||Wisła||90||1||0|
|28.07.2014||Polish First Division||Wisła||1-1||Piast||90||0||0|
|03.08.2014||Polish First Division||Lech||2-3||Wisła||90||0||0|
|10.08.2014||Polish First Division||Wisła||2-2||Ruch||90||0||0|
|17.08.2014||Polish First Division||Wisła||3-1||Lechia||90||1||0|
|22.08.2014||Polish First Division||Pogoń||0-3||Wisła||90||0||0|
|29.08.2014||Polish First Division||Wisła||1-0||Bełchatów||90||0||0|
|UEFA Europa League|