A fringe member of Denmark's 2010 FIFA World Cup squad, Mikkel Beckmann has an outside chance of being involved again at UEFA EURO 2012. An attacking midfielder whose best work is done on the flanks, he enjoyed a memorable 2009/10 season with Randers FC but left for FC Nordsjælland after their relegation in 2011.
• Began his professional career with Lyngby BK, winning promotion to the Superligaen with the club in 2007.
• Scored eight goals in 26 games during his debut top-flight campaign but was unable to prevent Lyngby from suffering immediate relegation.
• His individual form for Lyngby nevertheless attracted the attention of Denmark coach Morten Olsen, who gave him his first cap, as a substitute, in a friendly against Slovenia on 6 February 2008.
• Joined Randers in 2008 and made his European debut a year later, in the UEFA Europa League first qualifying round against Linfield FC; found form in the second half of the 2009/10 campaign, scoring seven goals (ten in total for the season) to help Randers stage a remarkable escape from relegation and earn himself a place in Denmark's World Cup squad.
• After making one substitute appearance in South Africa – against the Netherlands – he fell out of international consideration and was unable to avoid the drop a second time with Randers, which prompted a transfer to Danish Cup holders Nordsjælland.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|