Having risen to prominence during an unforgettable debut season for FC Bayern München that climaxed with his participation for Germany at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Holger Badstuber has maintained his form for both club and country. A left-footed central defender, he can also fill in at left-back.
• Signed a professional contract with Bayern in 2009 following his move three years earlier from SSV Ulm, and made his Bundesliga debut in the opening game of the 2009/10 season at TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
• Featured in all but one of Bayern's 34 matches during their 2009/10 Bundesliga title-winning campaign, won the German Cup and missed just one game en route to the UEFA Champions League final, which ended in defeat by FC Internazionale Milano.
• Made his international debut on 29 May 2010 in a pre-FIFA World Cup friendly against Hungary; appeared twice at the finals in South Africa a few weeks later − in the group stage versus Australia and Serbia − as Germany finished third.
• Registered his first goal for Germany during a 6-1 defeat of Azerbaijan in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying.
• Suspended for the 2012 UEFA Champions League showpiece – which Bayern lost on penalties to Chelsea FC – and missed the 2013 final having ruptured a cruciate ligament in his right knee for the second time that season.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2010, 2012
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 24/06/2016 16:40 CET|
|25.03.2015||Friendlies 2014-16||Final tournament - Group stage||Germany||2-2||Australia||46||0||0|
|10.02.2016||German DFB Cup||Quarter-finals||Bochum||0-3||Bayern||80||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|