Martin Kelly was called into the England squad for UEFA EURO 2012 as a replacement for defender Gary Cahill, who fractured his jaw in a warm-up match against Belgium, nine days before their first game in Ukraine. A scorer on his Under-21 debut against Uzbekistan in August 2010, the Liverpool FC player can operate on the right and in the centre of the back four.
• A graduate of the Liverpool academy, Kelly missed almost two years of his youth development due to a back problem.
• His first appearance and start for his local club came in the UEFA Champions League − he made his debut as a late substitute in a 3-1 win at PSV Eindhoven in December 2008 and his first start on matchday three of the 2009/10 competition against Olympique Lyonnais.
• Scored his first professional goal while on loan at Huddersfield Town FC in the English third tier − during a 3-2 defeat of Walsall FC − on 18 April 2009.
• Cemented his place as Liverpool's regular right-back in 2010/11 with a series of promising displays under Roy Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish, with the Reds unbeaten in the ten UEFA Europa League matches he appeared in.
• Earned his first senior cap as a late substitute in a friendly against Norway in Oslo on 26 May 2012.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 05/10/2015 03:14 CET|
|12.09.2015||English Premier League||Crystal Palace||0-1||Man. City||90||0||0|
|20.09.2015||English Premier League||Tottenham||1-0||Crystal Palace||90||0||0|
|23.09.2015||English League Cup||Third round||Crystal Palace||4-1||Charlton||90||0||0|
|27.09.2015||English Premier League||Watford||0-1||Crystal Palace||90||0||0|
|03.10.2015||English Premier League||Crystal Palace||2-0||West Brom||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|