Clubs: Fluminense FC, Manchester United FC
• Officially became a United player – along with his identical twin, Fabio − in July 2008 shortly before his 18 birthday, over two-and-a-half years after the pair were scouted while playing in a youth tournament in Hong Kong for Fluminense (for whom he never played).
• Impressed on his first outing for the club, in a pre-season friendly at Peterborough United FC, and was immediately thrust into the first team, making his debut on the opening day of the 2008/09 title-winning campaign − collected another championship medal in 2010/11.
• Scored his first senior goal in a 2-1 loss to Arsenal FC in November of that season, started the FIFA Club World Cup final in Yokohama (1-0 v LDU de Quito), and featured four times in the UEFA Champions League as United reached the final, where he was an unused substitute against FC Barcelona.
• Continued to vie with Gary Neville for a place at right-back during 2009/10 after recovering from a shoulder injury sustained in pre-season; started the League Cup final triumph over Aston Villa FC (2-1) but was sent off in the UEFA Champions League quarter-final second leg against FC Bayern München.
• Cemented his place as first choice right-back in 2012/13 season, scoring three times in 28 Premier League appearances as United won the league, and appeared seven times in the UEFA Champions League.
• A regular for Brazil at the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Korea Republic along with Fabio, who was captain. Made his senior debut against Denmark on 26 May 2012.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2009
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|