Clubs: AC Arezzo, AS Bari (loan), Genoa CFC, FC Internazionale Milano
• Played youth football for AC Perugia before moving on to Arezzo and making his breakthrough in 2006/07, when his team suffered relegation to Serie C1.
• Genoa assumed half of Ranocchia's playing rights in August 2008 and immediately loaned him to Bari, whom he helped to the Serie B title.
• That convinced the Grifoni to buy him outright but he nonetheless continued his education at Bari the following season, forming a formidable central defensive partnership with fellow future Italian international Leonardo Bonucci, only to suffer a season-ending knee injury in January 2010.
• A member of Italy's 2009 UEFA European Under-21 Championship squad, he played in the Azzurrini's unsuccessful 2011 qualifying campaign before making his senior international debut against Romania in November 2010.
• Inter acquired 50% of Ranocchia's rights in July 2010 but loaned him back to Genoa, where he played 16 Serie A matches before being signed outright by the Nerazzurri in January on a four-and-a-half year deal; made his first start, against Genoa, in a Coppa Italia tie.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 19/09/2014 01:37 CET|
|11.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Denmark||2-2||Italy||90||0||0|
|31.08.2014||Italian Serie A||Torino||0-0||Internazionale||90||0||0|
|09.09.2014||UEFA EURO||Qualifying round||Norway||0-2||Italy||90||0||0|
|14.09.2014||Italian Serie A||Internazionale||7-0||Sassuolo||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|