Clubs: AC Prato, Empoli FC (loan), Fucecchio (loan), Florentia Viola (loan), Albinoleffe (loan), AS Livorno Calcio, West Ham united FC, Brescia Calcio, Bologna FC, Guangzhou Evergrande FC
• Born in the textile town of Prato, close to Florence, he launched his career in lower-league Italian football with AC Prato but had several spells on loan at other clubs until he left his home-town team for good in 2007, joining Serie A side AS Livorno Calcio
• Scored four goals in his debut Serie A campaign but suffered relegation and remained to help the Amaranto win an immediate promotion back to the top flight – via the play-offs – the following season, in which he registered 20 goals in all competitions.
• Signed by compatriot Gianfranco Zola for West Ham United FC in August 2009; scored the first of seven Premier League goals the following month – a penalty in a 3-2 home defeat by Liverpool FC.
• Returned to Italy after one term in England, joining Brescia, but his six Serie A goals were insufficient to save the Rondinelle from relegation; remained a top-flight player by joining Bologna and went on to score eight times in 30 appearances to help Stefano Pioli's unsung team to a ninth-place finish.
• Awarded his first Azzurri cap in a November 2010 friendly against Romania in Klagenfurt, Austria, and added three more caps to his tally as his substitute appearances helped Italy to reach the final of UEFA EURO 2012.
• Signed by Marcello Lippi for Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande in February 2014, scoring twice on his debut.
UEFA European Championship: runner-up 2012
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 25/03/2015 03:21 CET|
|07.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Bulgaria||2-2||Italy||26||0||0|
|11.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Italy||2-0||Malta||46||0||0|
|11.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Denmark||2-2||Italy||77||0||0|
|21.01.2015||Italian Cup||Round of 16||Fiorentina||3-1||Atalanta||14||0||0|
|31.01.2015||Italian Serie A||Genoa||1-1||Fiorentina||69||0||0|
|08.02.2015||Italian Serie A||Fiorentina||3-2||Atalanta||81||1||0|
|14.02.2015||Italian Serie A||Sassuolo||1-3||Fiorentina||90||0||0|
|22.02.2015||Italian Serie A||Fiorentina||1-1||Torino||66||0||0|
|01.03.2015||Italian Serie A||Internazionale||0-1||Fiorentina||72||0||0|
|09.03.2015||Italian Serie A||Lazio||4-0||Fiorentina||45||0||0|