Clubs: TSV 1860 München, Olympiacos FC
• Born in the German town of Aschaffenburg to a Greek father and Uruguayan mother, he joined 1860 München at 18 and spent four years in their amateur side before joining the professionals.
• Accumulated three years of experience in the German second tier with 1860 München, finishing 11th, 12th and eighth, the latter season under coach Ewald Lienen, who took him to Olympiacos when he was appointed by the Piraeus club in summer 2010.
• Survived Lienen's early sacking after Olympiacos's shock European exit in the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round to become an important contributor to the club's runaway Greek Super League triumph, making 24 appearances and scoring one goal – in a 6-0 defeat of AEK Athens FC that sealed the title.
• Made a further step up in class in 2011/12 when he participated in the UEFA Champions League, scoring his first goal in the competition on his third appearance − a 3-1 home success against Borussia Dortmund − and starting all six group games.
• Obtained Greek citizenship on 3 November 2011 and made his international debut eight days later in a 1-1 draw with Russia. Impressed enough to be chosen in the squad for UEFA EURO 2012, and played three times at the finals as the country made it to the quarter-finals.
• Collected a third successive Greek Super League title at the end of the 2012/13 season as well as a second consecutive Greek Cup.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.
|The home team is listed first.||Last updated: 05/12/2013 02:10 CET|
|07.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Latvia||1-2||Greece||10||0||0|
|11.09.2012||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||2-0||Lithuania||21||0||0|
|14.11.2012||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Republic of Ireland||0-1||Greece||46||1||0|
|06.02.2013||Friendlies 2010-12||First round||Greece||0-0||Switzerland||57||0||0|
|22.03.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Bosnia and Herzegovina||3-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|07.06.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Lithuania||0-1||Greece||46||0||1|
|19.08.2013||Greek Super League||Kalloni||0-1||Olympiacos||90||0||0|
|06.09.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Liechtenstein||0-1||Greece||59||0||0|
|14.09.2013||Greek Super League||Olympiacos||4-0||Xanthi||53||0||0|
|22.09.2013||Greek Super League||Panaitolikos||0-0||Olympiacos||90||0||0|
|25.09.2013||Greek Cup||Second round||Olympiacos||5-1||Fokikos||90||0||0|
|28.09.2013||Greek Super League||Panionios||0-2||Olympiacos||90||0||0|
|02.10.2013||UEFA Champions League||Group stage||Anderlecht||0-3||Olympiacos||13||0||0|
|06.10.2013||Greek Super League||Olympiacos||6-0||Veria||90||0||0|
|11.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||1-0||Slovakia||90||0||0|
|15.10.2013||FIFA World Cup||Qualifying round||Greece||2-0||Liechtenstein||90||0||1|
|27.10.2013||Greek Super League||Olympiacos||5-1||OFI||90||1||0|
|02.11.2013||Greek Super League||Panathinaikos||0-1||Olympiacos||90||0||0|
|10.11.2013||Greek Super League||Olympiacos||4-0||PAOK||90||0||0|
|15.11.2013||FIFA World Cup||Play-off for Final Tournament||Greece||3-1||Romania||90||0||0|
|19.11.2013||FIFA World Cup||Play-off for Final Tournament||Romania||1-1||Greece||90||0||0|
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|