Clubs: RC de Basse-Terre, Racing Paris, Pau FC, FC Sète, Montpellier Hérault SC, Valencia CF
• Born in Argentina, Alberto Facundo 'Tino' Costa began an unconventional route to European elite club football by moving at the age of 17 to the island of Guadeloupe, where he won domestic honours with local club Basse-Terre.
• Moved to France in 2004 and played in the National division (third tier) for three clubs – Racing Paris, Pau and Sète – before moving up a rung on the French league ladder when he joined Montpellier in 2008.
• An outstanding contributor to Montpellier's promotion to Ligue 1 in his first season, with eight goals and 11 assists, he remained with the club in 2009/10, making his Ligue 1 debut on 15 August 2009 in a 2-2 draw at FC Lorient, in which he scored his first top-flight goal.
• Ended the season with seven goals in 31 games (all starts), earning himself a surprise €6.5m transfer to Valencia on a four-year contract in summer 2010.
• Scored a spectacular goal 16 minutes into his UEFA Champions League debut, against Bursaspor (4-0), and added another in a 3-0 home win against Rangers FC; his first Liga goal – against Getafe CF on 14 November – was Valencia's 4000th in the Spanish top flight.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Europa League|