Clubs: CR Vasco da Gama, FC Porto
UEFA Europa League: winner 2011
• Josef de Souza Dias was born in Rio de Janeiro and joined Vasco da Gama at the age of nine before working his way through the club's youth development scheme.
• Joined the first team in 2008 but suffered a serious foot injury just a few weeks after his debut.
• Returned to full fitness in 2009 and helped Vasco to become Série B champions and return to the top flight after one season away; also won a silver medal with Brazil at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt, where he incurred four yellow cards in five games and missed a penalty in the final shoot-out defeat by Ghana.
• Left his homeland to join Porto in June 2010 and scored a spectacular goal on his European club competition debut in a 3-0 win at KRC Genk in the UEFA Europa League play-offs.
• Won the Portuguese Liga in his debut season but made just two starts plus four substitute appearances as Porto reached the UEFA Europa League final in Dublin